Go Solar+ with The Sierra Club
Save Money and Help Build a Clean Energy Future for Oregon
Solar PV Options
We are proud to be partnered with RS and Imagine Energy, local installation companies that offer the best choice of solar options, using local product and deeply skilled and experienced installers.
SunRun Solar Power
- Typical one-time cost of $7,500 for 20 years of solar power (depends on size).
- SunRun owns, insures, maintains and repairs the solar equipment on your roof.
- You enjoy reduced utility bills from all of the solar power produced by the system.
- Most homeowners are eligible for a $6,000 state tax credit, which repays the bulk of the onetime cost.
Purchase to Own
- Average cost of $10,000 - $15,000
- Imagine Energy installer warranty of 10 years / Module warranty of 25 years / Inverter warranty of 10 — 25 years (depending on manufacturer)
- You enjoy the same reduced utility bills from all of the solar power produced by the system.
- Homeowner eligible for a 30% Federal Tax Credit and up to $6,000 in state tax credits.
- Typically for large residential systems- 10kW or larger
- Average cost of $35,000-$45,000 (for 10kW)
- Utility pays 4x normal solar savings, for paybacks as fast as 7 years.
- Homeowner eligible for a 30% Federal Tax Credit.
During the initial phone call RS or Imagine Energy will help you decide which solar option is best for you and your home. After an on-site solar evaluation at your home, they will give you specific details on the cost of your system, the annual energy savings, and the expected payback period for your investment.